Oliver Rochford is a Security Evangelist with Securonix and will talk about current and emerging converging threat trends that are driving the evolution of Ransomware.
Ransomware has steadily grown to become the most talked-about external cyber threat for enterprises in 2021. Since the Colonial Pipeline breach, ransomware has even become a national security concern. You will learn how Ransomware Operators are responding, and through adaptation will remain a common and critical threat for some time to come.
We will discuss the following in the session:
- The six threat trends that are making Ransomware harder to block, detect and recover from, including:
- Brokered Access
- Insider Ransomware
- Fileless and Living-off-the-Land attacks
- Human-operated Ransomware
- Precision Data Targeting
- Double Extortion
- Why these trends are stress factors for defenders and traditional security controls
- How pre-emptive detection is still the most effective way to mitigate Ransomware
October 6th from 9 AM PT