Spam – it’s always annoying, and often dangerous. The IT Security team has tools in place that can prevent the overwhelming majority of spam emails from making it to your inbox, but for those rare messages that get through, there are a few things you can do to help protect yourself and the company.
Look Out for Spam
Spam emails may include some of the following warning signs:
- Unknown sender
- Spelling errors
- Offers that seem too good to be true
- Content that does not match the subject line
- Attachments such as .exe files
If you suspect an email may be spam:
- Do not respond. If you recognize something as spam before you open it, don’t open it.
- Train your filter. When you find spam in your inbox, don’t just delete it. Right click on the email and select ‘Delete and Block Sender.’
This Cybersecurity Awareness Month, do your part – #BeCyberSmart. Help spread awareness by using the Cybersecurity Awareness Month background available in Zoom.
Questions? Contact NextGen Cyber Talent Team